Enbridge Gas Distribution is offerring the Community Energy Conservation Program in York Region and other select areas. Complete with energy expertise and valuable incentives of up to $2,000 to qualified homeowners, this program makes it easy and affordable for you to understand and improve the energy efficiency of your home, lower your energy bills and lessen your home’s impact on the environment.
- City of Markham
- City of Vaughan
- Town of Richmond Hill
- Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville
- Town of Newmarket
- Town of Aurora
- Town of East Gwillimbury
- Town of Georgina
- Township of King
OTHER QUALIFYING COMMUNITIES
- Toronto Beach Area (M4E, M4L, M4M, M4J, M1N, M4C)
- Black Creek (M3N)
- Country Court (L6W)
- Burnhamthorpe (L4W, L4X)
- Ward 30 (M4K, M4J, M4M, M5A)
- Ward 13 (M6P, M6S)
- Scarbourough Area ((M1M, M1E, M1C, M1L, M4B, M1K)
Before you can participate in the program, review the following points to make sure you qualify;
- A) You must have a valid Enbridge Gas account number.
- B) You must reside in one of the designated qualifying communities.
Get a pre-retrofit energy audit of your home’s current energy use.
An energy audit is an inventory and assessment of your home’s current energy efficiency. The energy audit will reveal areas where you can make improvements (called retrofits) to improve your home’s energy efficiency, in turn helping you conserve energy and save money.
Here’s what to expect:
An energy audit includes an inventory and thorough assessment of your home’s current heating, ventilation and cooling equipment and building envelope.
A blower door test will be conducted to determine if your home has air leakage which can cause wasted energy, uncomfortable drafts and poor air quality.
Your home will be given an energy score using the Natural Resources Canada EnerGuide Rating System – the higher the score the better.
During your energy audit, you will receive recommendations for improvements (called retrofits) that can help you maximize your home’s energy efficiency, reduce your energy bills and increase home comfort.
Energy audits will be conducted by our program’s list of approved Certified Energy Auditors (CEAs).
To qualify, you must use one of the Enbridge pre-approved Certified Energy Auditors for your pre and post energy audit.
PRE-RETROFIT ENERGY AUDIT INCENTIVE
Enbridge will pay $150 of the $350 pre-retrofit energy audit cost. (HST is not included in this cost.)
Implement a minimum of 2 of the following recommended qualified energy upgrades;
- Attic insulation upgrade
- Basement wall insulation upgrade
- Wall insulation upgrade
- Air sealing (minimum 10%)
- Window replacement
- High efficiency space heating system installation (gas furnace/boiler)
- High efficiency water heating system installation (gas)
- Drain water heat recovery system installation
- The energy auditor will advise which measures will need to be upgraded to achieve 25% annual gas savings in order to qualify of the Enbridge incentive. To help you offset the cost of the recommended upgrades, be sure to check out the available incentives offered by Enbridge and our partners.
- By getting a post-retrofit energy audit, you’ll be able to compare your new and improved energy score against the energy score your home was given prior to making retrofits. It’ll be proof positive that your energy efficiency upgrades have made a difference.
POST-RETROFIT ENERGY AUDIT INCENTIVE
If a minimum of 2 retrofits are preformed between January 1, 2013 and December 31, 2013, and a minimum of 25% gas savings is achieved, Enbridge is offering to reimburse $350 which covers the final/post-retrofit energy audit cost ($150, excludes HST) and the payout for the initial/pre-retrofit energy audit ($250, excludes HST). These amounts will be paid in addition to the performance incentive, when Enbridge receives your audit file from the Certified Energy Auditor (CEA).