Air Conditioner are basic requirement for any home, particularly in the late spring and the days after. When your AC stops working, finding a good technician to come to your house would be challenging and it might take a couple of days. During a heat wave opening a window and running a fan will not be an option. Fortunately there are a wonderful number of occurrences where you can analyze and fix a broken AC all alone. This article layouts troubleshooting tips and features some of regular issues and arrangements so you can recover your AC and make it ready for use.
- Ensure you have set the thermostat appropriately. It happens that fixing your AC is as basic as figuring out how to set the thermostat appropriately. Whenever set inaccurately, your AC may not work in the manner in which you need it to. You may have your thermostat set to warm rather than cooling. In the event that this occurs, you’ll likely have warm air coming out of your cooling vents. Easily happens to neglect to change the switch when the seasons change. Check this again before you think that your AC unit is having any problem.
- Change the thermostat batteries. Have you checked the batteries in your thermostat recently? If you haven’t changed the batteries in quite a while, you may be having a dead battery. Without working batteries, the thermostat can’t speak with the cooling unit.
- Replace the air filter. If the filter gets excessively clogged, the air can’t stream appropriately. Therefore, your AC won’t work. Present day ACs specifically are incredibly having problem with clogged filters. If you can’t recall the last time you changed the filters, it’s an ideal time to replace them.
- Check your Circuit Breaker. The other thing you can do is checking your electrical switch. There is a chance that the circuit breaker has gone off, you just need to turn it back on.
- Check the air ducts and diffusers. Ensure that the entirety of your air ducts and vents are clear. Any obstructions by mold or debris in your duct system will obstruct the air flow and would cause your AC to stop working. A duct cleaning is recommended in this case.
While there are a lot of things you can do all alone to battle basic issues with your AC system, there are a few occurrences where you have to contact an expert.
- Strange Noises Coming From Your Air Conditioner: Is your Air Conditioner making noisy clanging, banging, or other new weird sounds? If these sounds are originating from your AC or vents, you likely have a significant issue. This isn’t something you can fix all alone, yet an HVAC expert will comprehend the issue and discover an answer to solve.
- Issues with the Outdoor Unit: If condensing unit of your Air Conditioner is the issue, you better not to try to fix it yourself. While changing your air filters and swapping batteries are fine for you to do, fixing outdoor unit working with high voltage is dangerous and it might even void your warranties. For genuine support issues, it’s ideal to contact an expert.
- Improperly Installed Air Conditioner: If you’ve seen that your AC system was not installed appropriately, you should call an expert to reinstall or fix it.
There is nothing better for your heating and cooling system than annual maintenance. The annual maintenance allows your system to run on maximum efficiency and performance based on manufacturer specification. When performing yearly maintenance you will most likely experience fewer breakdowns and costly repairs. You will also benefit from lower utility costs.
If your furnace or air conditioner suddenly breaks down, you may need to pay hundreds of dollars for sudden repairs. Lack of maintenance could cause build up of dangerous mould circulated throughout your home, requiring a significant investment in cleaning and repairs.
All too often in the middle of a July heat wave, our technicians have had to tell homeowners that their air conditioning system needs major service along with potential home repairs. This is usually a result of lack of regular maintenance and cleaning.
A dirty and not maintained air conditioner most likely will break down on heat waves and can put you and your family in risk and costly repair or replacement.
Typical cost for air conditioner repairs are here.